We know how important it is for you to understand how we use your data, and we respect your concerns. In this Notice, we explain what data, how, and why we collect, store, and process the information you submit to Backer-Founder, LLC (hereinafter, “Backer-Founder”). By using our websites and/or our services, you are consenting to our use of your personal data in accordance with this Notice.
Who is collecting it?
Any personal data provided to or collected by Backer-Founder via cookies and other tracking technologies are controlled by Backer-Founder.
What personal data is being collected?
Personal data means information that is about an individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable. We may collect personal data from a variety of sources, and we will explain what and how personal data is collected in the below.
1. Personal data you give us directly.
We obtain personal data when your web browser accesses our websites or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Backer-Founder on other websites. We also collect personal data you provide us when you complete a survey, or submit a contact request, and we may ask for personal information such as your full name, company, email address, and phone number.
2. Personal data we collect automatically.
Whenever a user accesses the website, the user's internet browser automatically transfers the following data to Backer-Founder’s server for technical reasons:
- the IP address of the requesting computer
- the date and time of access
- the identification data of the browser and operating system used
- the name of the provider of user's internet access
- the website from which access is made
The above-mentioned data is collected and processed to enable our websites and technical administration.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies
A pixel is a piece of code. We place pixels on our web page or in our email to learn what you’ve viewed or engaged with. This helps us measure, improve, and personalize your experience. The data collected via pixel remains anonymous and Backer-Founder cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
What purpose do we use your data for?
We use the personal data collected to conduct data analytics to improve and offer you our services. Your data helps us handle customer services for you, provide personalized contents, communications, and targeted advertising. We process your personal data to perform a contract to which you are or will be a party, for example, to deliver a service you bought. We also process your personal data when we have a legal obligation to perform such processing.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it unless we need to use it for a related reason compatible with the original purpose. We may also use the data internally for research purposes and optimizing our services. In this case, personal data or data of companies will be processed anonymously. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.
Your personal data will be collected, stored and used in digital ways, and the areas where your personal data be used by Backer-Founder will be limited to those where Backer-Founder actually runs business.
Who will it be shared with?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, we may share your data with third parties who provide services on our behalf. They are required to take appropriate security measures for data protection, and we permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions and our policies. We do not allow third parties to use your data for their own purposes.
How do we protect your personal data?
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. We protect your data by using encryption techniques and safeguards to ensure your data is protected and only accessible by employees of Backer-Founder who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep and process your personal data during the period as certain services your required is still operated and maintained by Backer-Founder. If you choose to terminate the services from Backer-Founder, your personal data will then be removed and no longer retained. If you have any concerns, please see the below section regarding your rights and our contact details.
What are your rights?
By law, you’re entitled to rights over how your personal data is processed and can exercise these rights at any point. Below is an overview of your rights, and what this entails for you:
- The right to access to your data and rectify it. You ask for a copy of your data and check that we are processing it in accordance to legal regulations, and you can ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- The right to erase your data. You can ask us to delete or remove your data. However, please note that, upon the removal of your data, Backer-Founder may no longer be able to provide you with corresponding services to your data.
- The right to object to the processing of your data. Under certain circumstances, you can object at any time to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on our legitimate interests, for example:
- direct marketing
- automated decision making which produces legal effects that significantly affects you
- our continued processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, for example, if you want to rectify an error in your data or have concerns regarding our reason for processing it.
- The right to transfer data. You can request us to moved, copied or transmitted electronically your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by Backer-Founder at any time by contacting us (see the contact details below). However, please note that, upon the termination of your consent, Backer-Founder may no longer be able to provide you with corresponding services to your data.
Further information and advice can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country. If you would like to speak to us in relation to any of your rights, please contact us (see the contact details below).
How do you contact Backer-Founder?
We have tried to keep this notice as simple as possible, but if you have any questions, please let us know by sending us an email (email@example.com) or submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites.
How do we keep this notice up to date?